Fall is just around the corner in Denver, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the feel of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Denver a call at (888) 841-5667 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!