Winter weather is just around the corner in Denver and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Denver winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Denver team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Denver.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Denver a call at (888) 841-5667 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.