Position Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Installation Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Project Manager will be part the order fulfillment process for the Retail Replacement Sales Segment. This position will be responsible for the Order Verification Process including order entry and accuracy, developing and implementing efficiency objectives and evaluation criteria for all Fulfillment Team Members. A key component of success will be the clean installation performance of the team that results in high satisfaction from our homeowner customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This exempt level position pays between $60-65k/year; commensurate with education and experience. Evening and Saturday shifts may be required. The position includes full company benefits.
- Responsible for organizing and managing window installation projects along the Front Range.
- Assist in the recruitment of sub-contractor installers.
- Assist the order entry function to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Makes decisions, in conjunction with the Installation Manager and Operations Manager, regarding current projects.
- Continuous coaching and process improvement to ensure maximization of installation schedules.
- Establish and communicate departmental processes and procedures.
- Provides quality control through job-site inspections.
- Monitor job costing, cost controls, and profitability for Retail installations.
- Ensure product installation is carried out in accordance with Pella standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supervise day to day performance of both internal and contracted Installation Crews
- Handle employee issues as appropriate, including corrective action and performance resolution.
- Train team members on new processes and procedures.
- Provide ongoing performance management and development for all members of the Customer Care/Sales Support team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-5 years experience in carpentry and/or construction including installation of window and door products. 1-2 years construction management preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment; including finding files in a directory structure and opening/saving/closing files. Experience in Word, Excel, email and OMS (preferred). Ability to open multiple programs and quickly navigate between different tasks using the task bar.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, size conversions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.