Position Title: Windows Made Easy Sales Representative
Department: Windows Made Easy
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager
The Replacement Consultant is responsible for marketing and selling Pella products to homeowners and other individual purchasers for replacement projects. The Replacement Consultant provides design, product selection, and installation expertise to the customer and acts as project manager throughout the process. The Replacement Consultant must have the ability to maintain both a sales and operational success focus, as well as being driven by a strong focus on customer service and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This position is commission with draw and eligible for benefits. This position pays a salary during the training period.
- Single point of contact for customers looking to replace windows and/or doors; build relationships with customers, ensure order processing through established procedures
- Qualify customers via telephone and in-person for an appropriate sales presentation
- Conduct showroom and in-home presentations of products and provide factual information to customers
- Measure the customer’s project and provide a detailed quote (in-home, if possible)
- Advance the sales process by asking for the sale and minimally agreeing on the next point of contact
- Coordinate with Pella Windows & Doors, Inc. operational and production/installation staffs to ensure successful ordering, delivery, and installation of the product(s)
- Assist customers with service issues and parts orders
- In coordination with the Sales Manger for the Replacement Division, develop, implement, and evaluate marketing and business plans to ensure profitability and growth
- Provide detailed activity reports using proprietary software
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors Degree; Previous retail sales experience, previous construction and/or building materials experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to navigate in a Microsoft Windows environment; including finding files in a directory structure and opening/saving/closing files. Ability to locate the cursor on the screen, move to selected fields with the mouse, and key data into various fields. Ability to open multiple programs and quickly navigate between different tasks using the task bar.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, size conversions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is infrequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.