Skip to Content

Trade Architect Series Representative

Posted June 23, 2017

Job Summary
This position is responsible for the profitable sales growth and delivering revenues at or above target for assigned products through obtaining a specification from Architectural firms within the designated region. Reporting to the Sales Manager/General Manager, this position works with the Pella Windows & Doors of Denver sales, marketing, operations and finance teams, customers, and other influencers to increase sales, market share and profitability.

Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of activities, achievement of results and display of behaviors within the role on an ongoing basis. 80% of time is in the field, the remaining 20% is spent in office.


  1. Responsible and accountable for meeting the individual and team sales and marketing goals agreed to with sales manager.
  2. Achieve profitable sales and growth targets for Pella Denver in the Architectural and Design Market
  3. Design and implement a sales plan that will achieve sales goals by organizing time and activities to maximize time in front of customers.
  4. Obtain, update and demonstrate detailed industry, company, and competitor product knowledge.
  5. Establish relationships with Architectural, and Design firms.
  6. Provide product demo and accredited AIA presentations (box lunches) to Architects, Designers, and Builders.
  7. Provide technical information regarding company products; write specifications based around company products to increase sales.
  8. Track which products Architectural firms are specifying.
  9. Develop networking relationships through relevant organizations and groups
  10. Review construction and specification documents
  11. Enter project & account information into CRM
  12. Achieve Pella specifications from architectural firms.
  13. Coordinate and pass on to trade and commercial teams those projects and builders being drawn.


  1. Sales
    • Presentations, sales production
  2. Individual/Team Goal Achievement


  1. Embrace our Vision and Expectations through personal demonstration within the company.
  2. Represent the company to the customer by presenting a professional image and conducting business to the highest standards possible.
  3. Lead by example, hold self and team accountable to performance goals.
  4. Motivate employees to achieve performance and recognize success.
  5. Consider the owners, employees and customers when making well-informed decisions.
  6. Have a positive outlook and the passion to turn challenges into opportunities.
  7. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends by attending seminars, associations and reading industry news.
  8. Provide customer service to internal and external customers which consistently exceed expectations.
  9. Consistently demonstrate the desired competencies related to the this position (stated below):

Competency Set

  1. Relationship Building
  2. Team Player
  3. Active Communications
  4. Presentation Skills
  5. Organizing & Planning
  6. Influence
  7. Problem Solving & Decision Making
  8. Initiative
  9. Results Orientation
  10. Industry Knowledge


  1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; 2 – 3 years of sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
  2. CSI, AIA, CDT, AMMA preferred
  3. Construction and architectural knowledge is preferred
  4. Record of New Business development success